Monday, October 31, 2005

A Vogue Idea

All I did this weekend was lie on the couch and watch Sex and the City DVD’s. I watched them straight in a row starting with season two (cause I don’t like how they talk to the camera in season 1) all the way through in order. I was very much a sloth. But it was good relaxation. I was wide awake this morning at 6am even before my alarm went off! Guess I needed that. Anyway in honor of my SATC weekend, I wanted to share this little Sarah Jessica Parker story with you.

Ever heard that phrase "Beauty knows no pain"? Well, yes it does! Just ask Sarah Jessica Parker, who is suffering from torn tendons in her foot after running down the street in stilettos. She said it's something she did a zillion times while playing Carrie Bradshaw on "Sex and the City." But this time, she says, "I ran down the block a few weeks ago in these heels, just like I did for seven years, and woke up in the middle of the night in agony. And it turns out I had torn the tendons in my foot -- just from running in heels. It was a little reminder that I am not 27. I'm 40! But I'll never stop wearing heels!"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Gotta love the shoe quotes:

Mary Jane Manolo Blahnik's, I thought these were an urban shoe myth!


I've spent $40,000 on shoes and I have no place to live? I will literally be the old woman who lived in her shoes!

It's really hard to walk in a single woman's shoes -- that's why you sometimes need really special shoes!