Monday, June 19, 2006

My Weekend

Extra long weekend was great. Hit the road at 4:30pm on Thursday, pulled into my hometown by 8:45pm ish. Got to have fun girl time. Then my mom and I watched that Birtney interview, what a train wreck she is! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I miss the cute old "Oooppss I did it again Britney"!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Friday got up early and was at 35 and Mockingbird in line to get in the door of FL Malik sale by 8:45am. I got lots of good stuff, I was sad to be there alone, but I was able to get in and get out fast.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then drove home and met the group for lunch at Cici's. That was my choice can you believe it? I wanted to go somewhere convenient for the kids, and somewhere I don't go in Austin and Cici's was the winner!!! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
But the buffet prices have gone up. BOO!

After lunch I hung with the kids and then drove to Monica's house in Frisco. I hadn't been to her house before so we just hung out. The other girls got there and we went to the concert. It was just a few miles from her house, but took over an hour. Traffic was HORRIBLE.

Once we paid $20 to park (in a dirt field) and get inside we heard Gary Allen sing two songs. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then Rascall Flatts came out. I was very pumped. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

But was quickly disappointed :( No big screens. There were 25,000 (literally) people there Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and no jumbotrons (sp?)! So the first 10 rows (maybe) could see them. Disappointment continued when they didn't sing my favorite songs from the 1st album. I KNOW that this was the cd to promote the latest cd and I expected them to sing a lot of songs from it, but I was FOR SURE the would sing "Praying for Daylight!" but nope. AND they played cover tunes. I mean I didn't spend $60 and drive 300 miles to here Joe Don play Hotel California on the guitar!!!!! All that bad mouthing to say we had a great time; but would have had just as much fun if we sat in the parking lot and just listened to the cd!

Saturday I was a total sloth, didn't put on a bra, take a shower or even brush my teeth all day long. We did go to the pool, does that count as a shower? The girls cooked dinner and watched HGTV all night.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday we went to church and then I rushed home to make lunch for my dad. I made fried chicken, squash casserole, purple hull peas and biscuits....he didn't come over! His excuse actually sounded legit, and Ang and mom and I enjoyed the lunch just the same! I took a nap and played with the kids some more. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I hit the road by about 6pm or so.

Not much planned for the week. I have to clean like a maniac since Angie and Logan are coming on Friday. The last time he was here he was in my shower and screamed "eeeeewwwww mommy, I see something yucky!" it ended up being a little black mildew UNDERNEATH the soap holder in the shower. Thanks for pointing that out!

Oh, and I am having dinner with a famous blogger(Greek Tragedy)She recently moved to Austin from NYC. Very excited about that.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Poor Mavs!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting