Monday, September 11, 2006

5 years later

This day always brings mixed emotions for me. On one hand it is my nephews birthday. I know lots of people have this birthday, but this day 5 years ago when the world was falling apart he was being born. So it's not that he just happened to be born on the 11th of September....no he was born on September 11th, 2001. People always talk about where they were when they heard the news, where they sat when they watched the towers fall. I was sitting in the waiting room of the hospital waiting for this precious angel to be born. So right now, let's celebrate his 5th birthday!

Happy birthday, Sis loves you!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The gut wrenching, horribly sentimental part of me cannot get enough of the 9-11 coverage. I would consider myself somewhat of a news~ey person, I don't fit my typical demographic (young & female)...I actually watch the news. I love the documentaries, to sit and watch the photos of the firemen and all the rescue workers while they play Lee Greenwoods "Proud to be an American" in the background, I even read Lisa Beamers "Let's Roll" book and all the while I sob my eyes out. I know it's somewhat sick sounding, but it's how I process it. It's still painful 5 years later.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


We will never forget!