Thursday, July 03, 2008

Tomato Pasil Pizza

Sarah, Katie and baby Avery came over the other night and we made Pioneer Woman's Tomato Basil -Pesto Pizza. It was kick ass, if I do say so myself! I like most all food, heck I even really like frozen pizza, but I must say I LOVED this pizza. Def a new favorite.

I think the home grown tomato and fresh homemade pesto with basil from my garden helped! I started with a Pillsbury store bought pizza dough, they are in a tube over with the biscuits at the grocery.
Then cover with pesto. You can make your own, I used Barefoot Contessa recipe, or buy the prepared kind.
Cover with mozzarella cheese
Cover with sliced tomato
Cover with Parmesan cheese, salt & fresh cracked pepper (I added some leftover mozzarella)
Cook according to dough directions. I had a problem cause the pesto was real oil~ey, so when it dripped off my baking sheet it burned and smoked up the kitchen. I bet a pizza stone would help. Or I would suggest putting foil or a baking dish on the rack below to catch it and prevent it from burning. But that is the ONLY negative I had.

Beautiful up close view. Yuuuuuuummmmmmmmmm.

Sarah made a spinach salad with feta, strawberry's and toasted pecans with a sweet vinaigrette dressing. It was a great meal!