Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Chardonnay & Roasted Garlic Sauce

My good friend Lesli introduced me to this fabulous brand Napa Valley Barbecue Company. She bought me my first bottle of Chardonnay & Roasted Garlic sauce. Here is a description of the marinade: These delicious Cabernet & Roasted Garlic Marinade, Chardonnay & Roasted Garlic Marinade and Sesame Ginger Marinade from Napa Valley Barbecue Company are a delicious blend of California wine, grape seed oil and roasted garlic, which are infused with flavorful spices. These are great marinates for steak, lamb, chicken or pork chops, before grilling or baste while roasting. Also great for stir fry. Cabernet & Roasted Garlic Chardonnay & Roasted Garlic Sesame Ginger. I mean, do those sound good or what? Since she introduced me to it, I've bought several more bottles...but haven't ventured past the Chardonnay & Roasted Garlic sauce (you can find them at TJ Maxx). I've tried it several different ways, but this is my favorite thus far..............

Pound chicken breast until thin (making cutlets) slice a small onion and about half a can of diced tomatoes (no juice). Then pour the Chardonnay Roasted garlic marinade over the chicken, onions and tomatoes and add a little salt, making sure the sauce has coated everything well
The sauce has all the wonderful flavor already in it, so no other seasoning is needed. Look at all that beautiful garlic!I bake for about 15 mins on 375, then flip the chicken breasts over and cook about 15 mins or so, (depends on how thick your chicken is)


This time I served the chicken mixture over mashed potatoes and spooned the sauce over the top and it really was so, so good.



So, if you ever happen upon a Napa Valley sauce I'd def suggest picking it up, cause your chicken will never be the same!