Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Operation Christmas Child

I'm getting all geared up for my Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes!
Click here to see pictures from previous years.

Last night I got all my kid meal toys organized into "themes" stuffed animals (and no I'm not giving them Gracie Belle she just happened to get in the picture) balls, plastic figures, and misc items like pens, pencils & play-dough. And I feel I need to let everyone know that A LOT of these were donated to me, I do love fast food but I did NOT eat that many happy~meals!


Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes is a charity that it very special to me & I wanted to get all my friends involved as well. So I decided that I'd host a party so that we could all stuff our boxes together and really increase the number of boxes donated this year. I've heard many stories about the lines of children waiting for a box and thousands that are turned away because the need is so much greater than the amount of boxes donated.

TO MY LOCAL READERS: If you want to come help us fill boxes or donate $ let me know. Here are the details: Please join me for a night of friendship, fun & helping others. I thought it would be nice to focus on giving & helping others this holiday season. I will provide food & drinks, you provide shoe box (or same size plastic bin with lid) & items to fill it! Please bring $7 per box to help w/ shipping costs. Choose boy or girl, & the child age: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Fill box with variety: toys, cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, yo-yos, jump-ropes, toys that light up or make noise. School supplies, pens, pencils & sharpener, crayons, markers, paper. HYGIENE ITEMS toothbrush/paste, bar soap, comb, cloths. Hard candy, suckers, mints, gum, shirts, socks, caps, sunglasses, clips, jewelry.

If you would like more information about Samaritans Purse, Operation Christmas Child, please visit their website HERE