Monday, March 15, 2010

Caesar Dressing

Kevin & I made homemade Caesar dressing for Tara's birthday dinner. It was easy and delicious. Well, actually I had to take every ones word for it...cause by the time I made a plate it was ALL gone! Here is how you do it!

Cast of ingredients:

· 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
· 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
· 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
· 2 tablespoons olive oil

What you do:

I sauteed the anchovy fillets in a hot skillet for about a min. I think this "mellows" them and makes them a bit less fishy. But not a required step.

Finely chop the 2 raw garlic cloves


combine with the anchovies, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire & 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a food processor. Add as much Parmesan cheese as you'd like, this will also cause the dressing to thicken upon refrigeration.

Toss with the lettuce & ENJOY!