Friday, March 04, 2011

Grilling Feast!

In honor of the warm weather and spring being in the very near future, I thought I'd share some yummy grilling ideas...

Grilled eggplant! I sliced into long planks, let marinade in Italian dressing, garlic powder & S&P
Grilled squash is my vegetable of choice for grilling. I slice into small disks, sprinkle with red wine vinegar, garlic powder, lemon pepper seasoning and crush red pepper flakes. It's DE-LISH
When I grill chicken I like to use BONE in SKIN on. This time I grilled leg quarters. I seasoned with S&P, garlic powder and paprika. The bones help keep everything "in tact" on the grill & keep them juicy & the skin acts as a "burn barrier", since I don't eat the skin I allow it to get nice and charred which insures the chicken is complete cooked & allows it to have a nice smoke~ey flavor.
I must have been grilling the pepper for mom, cause yall know I do not groove on the bell pepper! Brushed with olive oil and put directly over in-direct heat to get it nice and grilled.
Nothing better than grilled onions!

If you are grilling be sure and get a thermometer and make sure you know the correct internal temp of the meat you are cooking. Most thermometers come with a guide.

BRING ON GRILLING SEASON!