Monday, April 11, 2011

Chicken stuffed w/ spinach & tomato


can you tell I went to costco & have lots of tomato & spinach to use up?


Cast of characters: boneless skinless chicken breast, baby spinach, cherry tomato, salsa, garlic red wine vinegar, S&P I thawed a cheap ole bagged boneless skinless chicken; (I like the cheap kind, cause they are small prob 4oz. because they have lots of fat, but that is easily trimmed away & worth the price to me) I sliced in half from right to left, but not all the way through & season with salt & pepper


For the stuffing I used, baby spinach that chopped into small pieces. I also sliced a handful of cherry tomatoes, a splash or 2 of red wine vinegar, a sprinkle of garlic powder, salt & pepper stir and let marinade. place "stuffing" into the pocket of the chicken, secure with a wooden skewer and place into a greased baking dish. I topped the stuffed chicken with a little salsa and cooked in a 350 oven for about 25-30 mins or until cooked through depending on the size of chicken breast. It was a beautiful presentation! Would have been even better with some bacon & cheese stuffed inside! I served mine with some rotel rice. Actually could be stuff with tons of different options! Let me know if you try it and what you use!