Friday, August 12, 2011

Pizza

Here is a make at home pizza that isn't bad for you



I found these pita flats. They are super food coming in at 90 calories, 2.5 grams of fat and a whopping 9 grams of fiber (1 WW point) and they are really big. Much bigger than a tortilla or pita.



I made a quick pizza sauce, I used crushed tomato & sauce, sauteed onions, garlic, s&p, crushed red pepper flakes & oregano and let it simmer for 20 mins or so. While that cooked I put my flat on a grill pan sprayed with cooking spray and got it nice and crisp.



Then topped with grilled onions, tomato slices & skim mozzarella cheese & put in the oven for 10 mins




It was good. The flat was a bit "wheat~ey" & you could taste that flour taste. Certainly not as good as a REAL pizza, but for about 80-90% less calories & fat, I promise you'll feel better about eating this one. I'll be anxious to try other toppings like turkey sausage & mushroom or turkey pepperoni.