Friday, September 21, 2012

Sissy's

I'd heard rave reviews about Sissy's Southern Kitchen and just had to check it out.  Trendy and small, in a fun part of Dallas (Henderson).  When I walked in, I felt like I was walking into my dream home.  Cottage, rustic, equestrian, toile, 1950's CHIC!  Animal heads anchored by 40 different patterned transferware plates.  The food was served on the Spode Woodland china!  I had to calm my heart a few times.  I'd expect nothing less from a place that belonged to Lisa Garza.  Do yall remember her from Food Network Star?


We sat on the enclosed patio, at a tiny table for 2.  It was quaint, but VERY HOT.  Starters are my kryptonite...they have 8 on their menu & I wanted every last one of them.  Lindsi and I settled on the Purple Hull Pea Cake.  It was served with baby rocket lettuce and lemon aioli.  It was good.  Not GREAT, but good. 

Everyone said, you've gotta get the fried chicken!  And so we DID.  House spiced, buttermilk soaked, pressure fried.  We had a choice of sloppy slaw or sweet butter whipped potatoes.  We chose the potatoes and then got a side of Sissy's Mac & Cheese.  (we did SHARE it, haha)!  It was soooo cheesy and creamy.  YUM.  The chicken was perfectly spiced and VERY crispy. Would definitely recommend it and will order it again.  Great atmosphere, you should check it out!