Tuesday, April 26, 2005

“Baby I miss your body, lying right next to mine”

I went to a great concert on Saturday. It was a treat from my old roommate and best friend from home. We got there just in time to see Kevin Fowler sing “Beer Bait and Ammo”, great song!

I want it noted on the record that I loved Texas Country before it was trendy and cool to love it. We were by far some of the oldest fans there. That place was full of 21 year old tall, tan hotties all decked out in their 80’s nightmare outfits. It really made us laugh.

Next were my favorites right now, Cross Canadian Ragweed. They are just good ole, raspy country singers, but with a rowdy kick-ass rock flare too. They write their own songs and play their own instruments. True musicians, not the manufactured PoP stars of today. Cody was talking and said they had been doing this for 7 years now, can’t believe it’s been that long. They are all so grown up now, married and 3 of the 4 have babies on the way. Best line of the night “Be careful the songs you write, cause you will have to sing them for the REST of your life” Cody said that right before they sang, Okies roll their joints all wrong. Hahaha. I wish I could kiss Cody, run my fingers through his dirty, messy, long hair. I don’t want to have a relationship with him, or be his road bitch. Just want to see what it would be like to kiss a hot, dirty musician. See Lesli’s BLOG from yesterday. Totally agree with ya sister!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Pat Green was the headliner of the show. He was good, but just to show~ey for me these days. (that made me just sing this in my head, …Love can do some healing, in just 3 days…) He sang all the good songs, but it’s just different seeing him in a huge venue. I can remember when I saw him for the first time on a tiny stage with just a few hundred people. He broke a record that night; it was the most people that had ever been at the Smirnoff Center (that is Coca Cola Starplex for those Dallas-ites out there) it is on the Fair Grounds. Guess how many people were there? No come on, think of a # in your head. . . .Think big it broke the record remember. Are you ready? It was twenty thousand. Can you believe that? Did you like how I spelled it out, so your eyes wouldn’t be automatically drawn to the numerals?

We did a lot of laughing at the drunken people. Especially the one that fell down no less than 7 times, one of which was into my lap. Oh and she also dry humped a tall drink of water she found in the beer line. I mean going to town lying on top of each other, good ole sex with your clothes on.

I think we can all agree that drunk people are annoying. But drunk people are SO MUCH more annoying when you are completely sober. And since beers were $7.50 a piece we were completely sober!

That brings me to another tangent: the prices there. It cost $15 to park. No I’m not kidding, really it did, a ten dollar bill + a five dollar bill. So ridiculous.

So the moral of my Saturday night, go see Cross Canadian Ragweed more and Pat Green less. And NEVER pay $7.50 for a watered down glass of keg beer.