Friday, May 06, 2005

Prom: A formal dance held for a high-school or college class typically at or near the end of the academic year

It’s prom time of year and I am kind jealous. I was one of those people that LOVED high school. I loved my big group of friends, I loved drill team, I loved that because we were a very good group of kids that are parents were very lenient with us. So naturally Prom is a very good memory as well. I went with my closet guy friend. I secretly, (actually it wasn’t really that much of a secret,) loved him and wanted to be more than friends, but he was and probably still is way too cool to ever be in a relationship. So I settled to just be his very good friend. I didn’t have a boyfriend my senior year around prom time and didn’t really know who I was going to go to prom with. Then one night he called and said, “Allison, will you go to prom with me? It just wouldn’t be right any other way.” Aaaawww, I was even more in love. I of course said yes. We ended up going with 6 or so other couples in two different limos, we had a blast. And we were the best looking couple there too. Both of us dying to stand out from the rest, and that we did. The town where I grew up and the year I graduated, ALL the girls still wore sequined dresses; I mean sequins head to toe. I knew I didn’t want to look like the other girls, so I got a hot pink, fitted top, full skirt satin dress. I wore a scarf backwards around my neck and left the tails hanging down the back. I wore bright pink strappy sandals, no hose, long dangly hot pink & white Swarovski crystal earrings and my hair was in spit curls. It was totally a 1940’s look. My date on the other hand, wore a pretty conservative tux, but had dark straight hair past his chin and wore black Doc Martin’s. Don’t judge, Doc Martin’s were still cool then. We were styling. Oh and just so you know at 6am the next morning, we stood there on the porch at 801 Lake Meadows and kissed. I was so happy…………..