Tuesday, August 16, 2005

How can raw fish be so stinkin good?

I just had what might have been the best sushi ever. I eat sushi fairly often, once a week or so. But today it was more delicious than usual. #1 it was at a really good place--Mikado Ryotei http://www.mikadoryotei.com/fromfr.html. #2 It was a lunch appointment for work, so I didn’t have to pay, and #3 it was just better! Here is what we had:

Crunchy Kazi: Spicy tuna, avocado, crunchy flakes and eel, with eel sauce on the outside

I had never had this roll before, it was good. The eel is a little fishy tasting, but still a great combination with the avocado and crunchy tempura batter.

Tiger Eye: Smoked salmon, cream cheese, jalapeno, and soybean paper

You can really taste the difference in heat between the jalapeno and the wasabi. They are both so hot, but such different kinds of heat. LOVE IT.

Chorishi's Fire: 2 pieces of shrimp tempura, spicy tuna, avocado, and spicy sauce

This one was my favorite, it’s so delicious.

I htink I savored it more this time or something???

I will never undstand why people don't like sushi!!!