Friday, August 05, 2005

Really girls, have we become this desperate?

A friend sent me this website; It is a guy who plans engagements for other guys. WHAT? No really it’s called AnExclusiveEngagment.com. Who needs this service, and why would any woman want their future husband to use it? Here are his claims:

Do you want to propose in a way that is so unique, your future spouse will brag about it for your entire lives?
Can you imagine proposing in a way that is so extraordinary, Oprah might beg you to come on her show and share your story?
Can you see yourself proposing in such an incredible way that your grandkids will want to tell their grandkids about how “it” happened?

Maybe I’m the only one that thinks this is horribly un-original and completely out of character for most men. I mean you either have the over the top romantic kind of boyfriend, or you don’t. And if you have that not so romantic kind of boyfriend, and then out of the blue he proposes in a way that is so extraordinary, Oprah might beg you to come on her show and share your story? Wouldn’t you be a little suspicious?

I’m not trying to be one of those yucky love kind of people, but honestly for the life of me cannot imagine someone thinking this was a good idea. Actually, I can. I bet there are 21 year old girls that would love for their 22 year old boyfriends to propose in an "exclusive" way. So there I've solved the mystery, THAT is who must use his service. Spoiled, young rich boys that have more money than creativity and that have to out-do their girlfriends best friends whose boyfriends have rented billboards, planned scavenger hunts with rose petals and lit 276 candles (one for every day I knew I loved you).....etc etc etc.

Wonder how much it costs?