Friday, October 14, 2005

It's the little things

I was listening to a commentary yesterday and they were talking about all of the encouraging notes that Harriet Miers has sent George Bush over the last ten years. Some short thank you notes others were notes of encouragement, most of them always included nice words about Laura and the twins. They were just sweet. They were saying what a big correlation there is between wanting to help really nice people as opposed to helping someone that may not be memorable. Writing those notes kept her name in front of the president. If she gets accepted by the senate those notes may very well have landed her a job for life! Who would have thought something as little as that could get you so much.

Here is another little thing that made me smile this morning. I had a Starbucks frappachino waiting for me on my desk this morning. A sweet co-worker just thought I needed it this morning. And I did!

Do a little something for someone today!