Monday, October 17, 2005

You really should check the pockets before you do laundry………

Just want to remind everyone that this isn’t just something your mom taught you to do before you throw the clothes in the washer; it’s really imperative step in the laundry process. Yesterday I thought I would be a sweetie and do my honey’s laundry. Ok, honestly I was sick of looking at the pile of clothes. So I separated out all the colors from the whites etc. Then I just threw the khaki shorts in with the other t-shirts and socks, wash cycle complete, transferred to dryer, set timer and I was back to my Sunday afternoon movie. Do you see where this story is going? Timer goes off, transferred dry clothes to bed to fold and put away. The khaki shorts were the last thing to be folded and as I started to fold them I thought; huh? these feel kind heavy! I checked the back pocket and found one mangled used to be leather wallet! I start pulling out stuff, auto insurance card, credit cards, health insurance card, what used to be receipts, drivers license, dripping wet twenty dollar bills, etc. All the plastic cards and cash were ok; none of the paper stuff was salvageable though. And the wallet, oh the poor wallet…..lets just say it had a proper burial last night.