Friday, September 01, 2006

VMA's

I must say I was completely UNDER whelmed with the VMA’s last night. I thought they were very boring. Maybe I’m getting to old for MTV, or maybe I’m less attached to the POP artists right now, but I was not impressed.

I was looking VERY forward to Justin Timberlake…I love, love, love “Sexy Back” but I thought that was just OK. Usually the opening act is spectacular, but I think this one was just so, so (I’m doing my hand back and forth to show that it was just mediocre).

Other NON-highlights:
The audiences reaction to Sarah Silverman…I thought her monologue on Paris Hilton was hilarious, but the audience didn’t “get it”, or didn’t act like they did.

Jessica Simpson, that dress was hideous and I’m usually a big JS fan, but TOO short and TOO boring. Loved that scratchy “I lost my voice” voice though. I did like how she played off her word stutter. The “push my tush” comment was a bit much.

Why did LL Cool J keep saying, “Make some Noise”? I mean really, he said it 5 or 6 times in his 60 seconds on stage. And isn’t that so 5 years ago?

Hey Queen Latifah, Hefty called and they need their JUMBO garbage bag back.

I’m glad Christina dropped that Dirrrrrty X-tina stuff, she is so much better when she just sings and dresses like a lady. I’m also glad that she didn’t try too hard, and do all that arms swinging around like she normally does.

I case you missed the show, I wouldn’t recommend wasting 3.5 hours watching the repeat that MTV will play 48 times a day for the next two weeks.

I’m going to leave you with memories of the good ole days:
’91 Prince wears ass-less pants
’94 Micheal Jackson and Lisa Marie CREEPY kiss
’98 Rose McGowan’s dress is COMPLETELY see through and they have to airbrushed before telecast
’99 Diana Ross gave Lil’ Kim’s exposed breast a little jiggle before they read the nominees
’00 Rage against the machine guitarist climbs to the top of the set while Limp Bizkit accepted his award…he spent the night in jail for that one!
’03 The Kiss heard round the world--Madonna kissing Brittney and Christina