Friday, February 02, 2007

Clean Sweep

Do you ever has days or even weeks where your look just feels a little "off"? My makeup this week just hasn't looked, right. I haven't used any new products, and I don't have the negative wind chill factor to blame it on like Les and Cayce do....so what could be the problem? I figured it out yesterday. Let's rewind back to last weekend.........I was watching an old episode of Rachael Ray's talk show and Sonia Kashuk was on talking about the shelf life of makeup. They had some ladies on there that had REALLY old makeup, one lady had a tube of lipstick her mother gave her 30 years ago. SICK! But then she also talked about how important it is to wash your makeup brushes. She said she just washes hers with regular antibacterial hand soap. So on Sunday I got out my makeup bag and washed ALL my brushes. You can't imagine the color of the water that was running off of them....especially the big eye shadow brush! (Brown, black, green, purple........total rainbow!) So, I have come to the conclusion that the new clean brushes aren't doing the same job that the old dirty brushes were. Eye shadow went on thicker and more even with that dirty brush.....and the big puffy brush was so full of bronzer residue from application after application that I barely had to swirl it across my face to get that beautiful sun kissed glow. But now, it's just not right! I wonder if Sonia has any advice on how to "dirty" my brushes so I can get my look back?

Happy groundhog day. Early Spring, YIPPEE!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting