Friday, February 06, 2009

Restaurant Wish List

Here is short list of restaurants I want to dine in Dallas, SOONER rather than later. Let me know if they peek your interest and you want to be my dinner date!


York Street All I've ever heard about this restaurant is that it is fabulous. A true diamond in the rough. I had a true foodie tell me, it was one of the best meals he's ever had...and he's in the business and works for a famous chef! Gourmet Magazine named it as one of the top 50 restaurant in the nation. But from what I hear, it's a very laid back place. Tucked away and not a Dallas night life hot spot. York Street’s menu changes daily, reflecting the seasons and the availability of the freshest ingredients from small, owner-operated suppliers. Supporting sustainable, responsibly raised food lies at the heart of what we do best. I think it's always a real good sign when the Chef is also the owner, and in this instance Sharon Hage is both! They are also open for lunch on Wednesdays. Something I will try: Ricotta Gnocchi ragu of braised pork shoulder & Oysters on the half shell horseradish mignonette

Bolsa the menu changes daily, depending on what is the freshest...and they use a lot of local ingredients, even as local as Dallas. Something I will try: Bruschetta with smoked salmon, pickled red onions and capers. YUM.

More to come, so stay tuned!