Monday, August 03, 2009

Happy Birthday Papa!

This post is a few days late, SORRY PAPA! But of course I still wanted to celebrate him. My Papa is truly one of the kindest, gentlest people I've ever known. He is a staunch right wing republican, but not in your face about it. He's always up for a good discussion & even if he doesn't agree he listens patiently to the other side. He is also very giving and generous with everything he has. I know I'm a better person because of the always present influence he & my Nana had in my life. Happy Birthday Papa, wish I had been there to raise a glass with you & celebrate. I love you so much!

Papa & Nana just minutes after Landry was born.

Papa, Nana, Mom & Uncle Jeff

Papa with Layton as a baby

Papa with "his family"
Papa is a FABULOUS griller. I've just started grilling but have really grown to love it...But there hasn't been ONE time I've been out there that I haven't thought, I'd wished I'd learned from Papa how to REALLY do this right! Papa, I'm grilling chicken quarters right now, wish you were here to have one with me!

3 Generations of Chapmen Men: Phillip, Uncle Jeff, Stuart & Papa
XOXOXO "I always liked you best"