Monday, June 14, 2010

Cilantro Rice

This rice is easy & delicious. If you are a cilantro fan, you'll LOVE it and make it once a week.

What you'll need: chicken broth, lime and Goya Cilantro cooking base
{Ryan introduced me to this and it's fabulous. Great on rice, fish, chicken, beef...I could eat it with a spoon, but then again I have food issues. It's on the ethnic food isle & walmart doesn't have it, just FYI}


chopped green onions, chopped cilantro & diced tomato
white rice cooked per package directions

There is no real instructions, cause you just dump all that goodness into the rice and let it"mellow" (as Landry would say). I thin out the cilantro base with a little chicken stock, use as much or as little depending on if you like your rice a little thicker or soupier.
I add 4 or 5 tablespoons of the cilantro base, a couple of tomatoes (you can used canned too), 1 chopped green onion, handful of chopped cilantro, juice of a lime and then a few dashes of chicken broth and salt; cover and let simmer on very low until ready to serve.

I serve the rice with this yummy roasted chicken

I made a really simple marinade of olive oil, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper
Coat chicken in marinade and roast in a 375 degree oven for 25-30 mins depending on thickness, turning halfway through

cilantro rice, roasted chicken & black beans; easy, healthy & yummy dinner!