Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Favorite Things in my house

My house is full of things I love. Some I've bought, some were gifts, some are treasures from the trash.
So in no particular order....here we go!
These Staffordshire dogs. I loved them for years and have eye'd them on ebay for a long time....but they can be pretty pricey. So when I ran across this pair at the Weirs Country Store I snatched them up. They are currently on my mantle and they make me smile when I walk by them.
This basket was on the 66% off isle at Hobby Lobby and I think I paid $3.50 for it. I ran across this awesome cabbage at a DARLING store in Richardson called Beau Coup, the greenery I just had laying around. Dee arranged it and we hung on an empty wall in my kitchen/breakfast room. I love how it pops against that dark brown wall.
This rug was given to me by my Uncle Jeff. He used to be in the home building business and had an interior design company to accommodate his customers. When they closed the business he let us have a few things from the store. I had my eyes locked on this and just love it! It's currently in my entry way and the first thing you see when you walk in my house.
This dresser is in my "mistress bedroom". It belonged to my great-grandmother on my dad's side. The drawers don't pull in and out very easily, but I can't part with it. I also love the old smokey parts in the mirror. Thank you Ever, your dresser is still in good hands over 100 years later.My bed. It's the newest thing I've purchased and I still love it. I think it makes a statement.
It's big and heavy, but still swirl~ey and has that cottage feel.
I love my collection of transferware & gravy boats. Some are old, some are new.
Some are from ebay and others are from TJ Maxx, but I love the way they all look together. The shelf they are on...I dug that out of someones trash. Can you even believe that?

Ok, so those are my most favorite things in my house. So I'm tagging some friends to see what THEIR favorite things are. Angie, Ryan, Lesli, Nikki & Monica