Monday, August 02, 2010

Dishwashing detergent


I've been making my own laundry detergent for years, and I can't believe it took me this long to realize that dishwashing detergent is just as easy to make and SUCH a monetary savings.
2 cups of Borax
2 cups of Baking Soda
White Vinegar

Use 2 tablespoons per load. (1 tablespoon in the open cup and 1 in the closed locking cup) Pour some White Vinegar into your rinse aid receptacle and your glasses will come out sparkling! (If your dishes end up covered with a white residue, you probably have hard water and need to experiment with the amount of Borax to use.)

This batch of dishwashing soap cost me less than $1 to make and it will last for about 100 loads of dishes. It took me less than 5 minutes to make and probably only took that long because of the pictures.