Thursday, July 14, 2005

“…Shoes I know…”


“with all due respect….Men I may not know, but shoes I know. I admit its tempting to wish for the perfect boss, or the perfect parents or the perfect outfit, but maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we’ve been dealt and accessorize the outfit we’ve got”

Twice this week (and it’s only Thursday) I’ve been “given” a compliment about my outfit at work. Why is it when people are jealous, annoyed or impressed by what you have on they feel the need to give you a back handed compliment? As to say I like your style but really think you are stupid and childish for wasting all your money on accessories, shoes and clothes. Jealous I say! Doesn’t matter, as much as you back hand me with your “I don’t know how you possibly find shoes to match EVERY outfit” or “do you have a bra to match every shirt?” I will never back down and join the Keep Austin Weird, all khaki & black, Good Will Rocks society that I happen to live in. I WILL accessorize the hell out of every outfit I have and I WILL have matching shoes to go with every outfit I own.