Tuesday, November 15, 2005

85 or 15

Do you watch Grey’s anatomy? If so what do you think?

What if you were told you had a cancer gene that could possibly turn into cancer; actually that you had an 85% chance of getting cancer. Your choices are take the 15% chance that you might not get it, or have surgery that would compromise your womanhood, take away your opportunity to have children, throw you into early menopause etc etc etc all in order to avoid getting cancer. Would you do it? Would you counsel your sister or friend to do it?